WWE Superstar Roman Reigns was interviewed this week by Chuck Carroll of the Turnbuckle Weekly to hype Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view. You can listen to the full interview at Washington.CBSLocal.com. Here are some highlights:
– Reigns is excited at the prospect of facing Brock Lesnar in the main event of WrestleMania, calling it a “million dollar dream” come true. “I think it would be one of the hardest hitting matches of all-time,” Reigns said. “It’d be extremely aggressive. I think you’d see a level of intensity you’ve never seen before.”
– Reigns admitted that his hernia surgery left him with a lot of uncertainty, but at no time did he think it was a career-threatening injury. He said he had a lot of support during his time away, which made recovery easier.
– Reigns spoke about working with an acting coach in Los Angeles during his time away from the ring. Interestingly, he said the acting coach wasn’t working with him on promos. They worked on his ability to channel the emotions of a real life experience into his delivery on-camera and in the ring. “It’s really connecting with any type of emotions and connecting with triggers,” he said.
– When asked about part-time wrestlers like The Rock and Brock Lesnar holding the WWE Championship, Reigns said WWE deserves a full-time champion, but Rock and Lesnar have earned the positions they’re in.
* POLL: Who Do YOU Think Will Win The 2015 WWE Royal Rumble? Vote Here