When WWE comes to Saudi Arabia, it is big business. Really big. It takes lucrative money to bring WWE Hall Of Famers like Shawn Michaels and Bill Goldberg out of retirement, and even more to lure lineal boxing heavyweight champions such as Tyson Fury. According to figures quoted from The Daily Mail, “The Gypsy King” is making “in the ballpark of $15 million” for his match against Braun Strowman at WWE Crown Jewel on October 31st.
The figure was reported by Alex McCarthy, who cited the report from DailyMail.co.uk, a tabloid-style newspaper based out of the United Kingdom.
Quick to dispute the claim was Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com, who pointed out the past paydays for Floyd Mayweather and Mike Tyson, who reportedly earned millions of dollars for their one-time appearances for WWE, however they were still said to be under the five-million dollar range.
Click Here: aviron bayonnais rugby jerseys
The Fightful reporter noted that the fact that the source for the $15 million ballpark-figure is a UK-based tabloid outlet, and that Fury is a British mega-star in the boxing world, that it could be a case of “The Gypsy King’s” team simply floating the figure because it’s good for future business to have such a figure publicly quoted.
McCarthy fired back, pointing out that “Saudi money [is] involved,” for whatever that is worth.
Regardless of the dollar amount on the check, Tyson Fury will step into the squared circle for a pro wrestling match against “The Monster Among Men” Braun Strowman at the WWE Crown Jewel pay-per-view, which is scheduled to take place on Thursday, October 31st from King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The show, which will also feature the WWE in-ring debut of former UFC Heavyweight Champion and recent Lucha Libre AAA performer Cain Velasquez challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship, will stream live via the WWE Network.
Things kicked off at 12pm EST / 7pm AST with an hour-long pre-show streaming live on the WWE Network, WWE.com, the WWE App, and the official WWE YouTube, Twitter and Twitch channels. This will lead directly into the main WWE Crown Jewel 2019 event, which starts at 1pm EST / 8pm AST.
The 10/31 event will be the second WWE show promoted under the “Crown Jewel” chronology, and will mark the fourth event held under WWE’s 10-year partnership in support of Saudi Vision 2030.
Make sure to join us here at Rajah.com on 10/31 for LIVE WWE Crown Jewel 2019 Results coverage from Saudi Arabia!
Tyson Fury will reportedly earn £11.9 million ($15m) for his date with Braun Strowman at Crown Jewel. [Daily Mail]
I've asked around and I'm told "it's in that ballpark."
This is a man who gave away his £2.5m purse from the Wilder fight to charity. I say good on him.
— Alex McCarthy (@AlexM_talkSPORT) October 15, 2019
I'm sure he and his team want us to think it's that much. Mayweather got 2 mil. Mike Tyson 3.5 if I remember correctly
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) October 15, 2019
The Mayweather one was certainly skewed by the media. SI reported $20m but it was closer to $3m-$5m I thought.
I guess none of them had Saudi money involved but it still seems extreme, if accurate.
— Alex McCarthy (@AlexM_talkSPORT) October 15, 2019
Lineal #boxing HW champ @Tyson_Fury (#TysonFury) earning "in ballpark of $15 million" for #WWE match against #BraunStrowman at #WWECrownJewel!
*Source disputes claim, original source argues point*
FULL STORY: https://t.co/1fn8rzSXCW@SeanRossSapp @AlexM_talkSPORT #SaudiArabia pic.twitter.com/9GVQVGWf1r
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) October 15, 2019
WWE & AEW NEWS UPDATES (10/12)* Bray Wyatt’s Latest ‘Cryptic Post’ Explains Why “Some Wear Masks” & Claims “I Saw You”
* WWE Contacting Several Venues About Being NEW Weekly Home For NXT On USA TV Shoots
* PHOTOS: Bayley Shows Off NEW LOOK At WWE SmackDown On FOX
* Vince McMahon Gets Good Laugh Out Of Negative Reaction To WWE HIAC PPV Conclusion
* Sasha Banks Injury From Hell In A Cell Worse Than WWE Originally Thought
* Post-WWE Draft Plans: WWE & FOX’s Ideas To Keep Superstars Separated
* Report: Cain Velasquez, Tyson Fury Sign VERY Different Contracts With WWE
* Details On Cain Velasquez Quitting MMA Drug Testing, Retiring From UFC
* Update On WWE Failing To Deliver Several Legends At SD! On FOX Premiere
* Report: Paul Heyman Pushing For 2 Specific Stars In WWE Draft
* Wednesday Night Wars (Week 2): AEW Down, But Once Again Beats WWE NXT
* Update On WWE Cancelling Celebrities Appearing On SD! On FOX Due To Ties With AEW
* The Inner Circle’s First AEW Photo Shoot, AEW Segment Crashes Internet?
* The Rock Issues Full Statement On NWA Powerrr Debut Show (Updated)
* WWE Signs ‘Good Day NY’ Anchor To Host Revamped WWE Series (Photos)
* Chris Jericho Reveals Insight Into His Unique Use Of Social Media (Video)
* Roman Reigns Goes Undercover For GQ & Vanity Fair (Funny Video)
* Hulk Hogan Having Back Surgery For WWE Return, Has Specific Opponent In Mind
* William Regal Blasts Paige & Her Family, Paige & Family Members Fire Back (Whoa ..)
* EXCLUSIVE: Edge Meets With WWE Doctor For In-Ring Return In Pittsburgh (Updated)
* Jeff Hardy/DWI Arrest Update: Fight With Wife?, Mug Shot Photo
* Interesting Google News Comparing WWE, AEW & UFC Searches For TV & PPVs
* UFC Star Does Triple H’s Entrance For Fight, HHH Responds (Updated)
* WWE Starting To Get Serious About Launching NXT Japan Brand
* Chris Jericho On AEW Chants On WWE TV, “#CancelWWENetwork” Movement
* Update: Don’t Expect To See Finn Balor That Often Going Forward
* Report: WWE/Cain Velasquez Issues Over UFC Star Wanting To Wear Mask
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom