Why Cena Lost on Raw, Paige Denies Rumors, Indie Star Joining AEW

Braun Strowman was taken out of his planned match against Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble during Raw earlier this week. A Fatal 4-Way match was held to determine Lesnar’s new challenger. In the end, Finn Balor pinned John Cena clean in order to earn the spot in the match. There were some reports made after the fact claiming that Cena losing was WWE’s way of punishing the 16-time world champion for pulling out of the Crown Jewel show back in November. However, Sports Illustrated denies these reports and says that it was actually Cena’s idea to have Finn pin him. As a result of the big win, Balor will now face Lesnar for his title at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view on January 27th.
WWE Superstar Paige returned to the television in late 2017 after missing several months of action due to injuries. Although Paige has since retired from the ring, she still works for the company in other capacities. Some have claimed that Paige had plastic surgery while she was away, but according to the former SmackDown General Manager, that is not the case at all. Paige posted a message on Twitter today denying that she has ever undergone surgery unless it was for major wrestling injuries. Although, the former Divas Champion did point out that she had lip fillers. The discussion was brought up when a fan commented that Paige received “a lot of plastic” in a side-by-side photo comparison of herself from 2009 and 2019.

False. No plastic surgery. Never been under the knife unless it’s for injuries. Lip fillers absolutely I have. Little lesson for ya. This thing happens when you age where your body matures. Crazy right? https://t.co/RW1Hoiz66s
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) January 17, 2019

All Elite Wrestling will be hosting their very first show, Double or Nothing, in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 25th. The show is almost guaranteed to be a huge success, especially with the likes of Chris Jericho, PAC, and the other members of The Elite under contract. However, it is now being rumored that a rising competitor on the independent circuit is on his way to the promotion very soon. Wrestling News World says that “Jungle Boy” Nate Coy has just signed a deal with AEW. Coy is the son of actor Luke Perry, and at just 21 years old, some have already cited him as a major star one day. The deal was said to be for two years, but Coy, his father, and legal representatives negotiated with AEW to land a deal that is not long-term.

Click Here: Golf special

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *