WWE star John Cena announced on NBC’s “Today” show that veteran TV journalist Joan Lunden will be this year’s recipient of the “Warrior Award” at the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony.
Lunden is a cancer survivor and appeared on Raw in 2014 during Breast Cancer Awareness month.
“It is an award that embodies warrior spirit, strength, and spirit,” Cena said on Monday’s TV appearance.
During Monday’s Raw, WWE announced that Dana Warrior will induct Lunden on Saturday.
– Also on Monday, WWE announced that Sasha Banks’s cousin, rapper Snoop Dogg, will be the celebrity inductee of the 2016 HOF class.
2016 WWE Hall of Fame Class
– Sting (inducted by Ric Flair)
– Stan Hansen (inducted by Vader)
– Fabulous Freebirds (inducted by WWE tag champions New Day)
– The Godfather (inducted by APA – JBL & Ron Simmons)
– The Big Boss Man (inducted by Slick; recipient TBA)
– Jacqueline Moore (inducted by The Dudleys)
– Warrior Award recipient: TV journalist Joan Lunden (inducted by Dana Warrior).
– Celebrity inductee: Snoop Dogg.